In 1855, George Rolph sold to James Scott a small portion of the property which Rolph had purchased in 1822. Rolph bought the original parcel of over about 300 acres from William Hare.
James Scott had come to Dundas with his parents from Scotland around 1853. He was a carpenter by trade and a clever and ambitious man. When he purchased the Park Street lots he already owned the adjoining property to the south which fronted King Street. It was there in 1848 he had built the Dundas Steam Planing Mills which manufactured doors, window frames and the like. Scott was also in the construction business, his best known work being the Dundas Town Hall.
It is believed that the house at 146 Park Street West was built by 1859 and that James Scott did live in it for a short time. In the 1860s, he built a rough cast house on Creighton Road where he lived for the rest of his life.
In 1870, Andrew Graham purchased the home. Andrew Graham was a grocer who had opened a store on King Street in 1848. His son, William, took over the grocer business after Andrew’s death in 1874. In 1891, William was appointed postmaster for Dundas, a position which he held until 1940.
Mrs. Graham remained in the home at 146 Park Street West until her death in 1902. It was not until 1907 that the home was sold and purchased by Ernest Builder.