A number of resources can be used to research these homes which are no longer standing.
Fire Insurance Plans show that these two storey brick dwellings were standing in 1905. They were directly opposite the John Bertram and Sons Co. machine shop and the short spur line which serviced the Bertram works. It must have been a noisy place to live.
The Dundas directories from 1928-1938 tell us that the inhabitants were renting the property. They were working people: a carpenter, electrician, woodworker, and bus driver. The Assessment Rolls from 1933 reveal that the owner, who was not a resident of Dundas, also owned the adjacent home at 29 Hatt Street.