From 1900-1915 the building at 27 King Street East was home to Duke’s Cafe. The image shows the exterior front of the cafe with the distinctive “Dundas Lunch” sign across the front.
The cafe was operated by W.H. Duxbury, seen on the left.
In the 1920s the property appears to be a residence with Mrs. William Dukesberry or Duxbury, a widow, residing there until about 1932.