This short-lived company was operated by Stephen Henry Chapman, who was also president of Ontario Wind Engine and Pump Company (OWE & PC) of Toronto. The company took over a portion of the defunct cotton mill at the corner of Dundas and Main Streets and started production of single cylinder stationary gas engines in October 1911. The engines were of the ‘hit and miss’ type (referring to the method of speed governance) in sizes ranged from 2 hp to 16 hp. It is believed that about 1600 engines in total were built. At its peak 80 to 100 men were employed by the company. During 1916 and 1917 the company switched to war-time production, making shell casings. Sometime in 1917, a huge fire destroyed most of Chapman’s buildings. Chapman had already had some financial difficulties, and the destruction only added to their misery. In 1918, the company had to sell its assets to liquidate their debts. That was the end of a fine Canadian builder of a fine engine.