The Graham family lived at 146 Park Street West from 1870 when Andrew Graham bought the home until 1902 when his widow passed away.
Andrew Graham was born in 1826 in Edinburgh, Scotland. He tried his hand at making shoes, but in 1848 he opened a grocery store on King Street and it was very successful. The store was located on the south side of King Street, third store west of Main Street and later moved opposite the Collins Hotel. Andrew met and married Janet (Jessie) Smith (1827-1902) in 1850 and they had eight children. Andrew passed away in 1874 and the store was placed in the hands of his son, William. He was sixteen years old when his father died.
William carried on the business until 1891, when he was appointed postmaster for Dundas, a position he held until 1940.
Mrs. Graham remained in the home at 146 Park Street West until her death in 1902. It was not until 1907 that the home was sold and purchased by Ernest Builder.
The eight Graham children grew up at 146 Park Street West. Most of the them stayed in Dundas. They were:
Annie Graham (1851-1931)
William Henry Graham (1853-1944) married Frances Louise Field of Beverly Township in 1880.
Barbara Secord Graham (1856-1925)
Janet “Jennie” Graham (1858-1939) married Henry Bertram of Dundas on October 26, 1881
John Graham (1861-1889)
Jessie Graham (1863-1955) married Samuel Joseph Lennard on November 30, 1890.
Thomas Graham (1865-1955)
Agnes Graham (1858-1925) married Harry Lennard on October 6, 1892.